Sunday, 1 May 2016
2.5 SYN - CREAMY MUSTARD SAUSAGES
Hi guys, another fantastic low syn recipe that serves 4 people and tastes amazing! Per portion this works out around 2.5syns but can be made lowers syns by replacing some of the ingredients which I will add below.
Dried pasta ribbons (Tagliatelle or Pappardelle)
8 low fat sausages (I used Weight Watchers Cumberland Sausages - 0.5syn per sausage)
1 garlic clove (chopped finely)
250g mushrooms (sliced)
2 tablespoons Dijon Mustard or Wholegrain Mustard (mine was 3syns - check the syns as they vary)
Juice of one lemon
2 tablespoons half-fat crème fraiche (3syns - you could use Quark to lower the syns)
Fresh parsley (chopped)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook your pasta according to its instructions.
2. Whilst your pasta is cooking, remove the meat from the sausages and add to a frying pan.
3. Brown the sausage meat and add the garlic, mushrooms and seasoning.
4. When the mushrooms are cooked add the mustard, lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of water and stir.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in your crème fraiche (or quark). Check for seasoning.
Serve your cooked pasta and sprinkle with parsley.
You can add more speed food to this dish and make it EESP by swapping your pasta for vegetables.
Remember you can add or change a recipe to make it your own!
I hope you enjoy! Let me know what you think!