Wednesday 8 June 2016

JUST A QUICK UPDATE

Hi guys!

I haven't posted a blog post for a while as I've just been recovering from my gallbladder surgery. On Friday (3rd June), I had surgery to remove my gallbladder after months of pain and discomfort. I went in at 12 noon and was home at 10pm that same night. After a worrying drop in my blood pressure I thought I wasn't going home that night but lucky after a few biscuits, lots of water and a VERY sugary tea, it increased enough for me to go home.

Since coming home, the pain from my stomach has been nearly non existent but the pain caused by the gas has been the worse in my shoulders. I am the type of person who hates to sit still and rest so having these 3 weeks off work to recover is killing me! I can't drive my car as of yet, I keep feeling dizzy and I have extreme tiredness around 4 o'clock with the added shoulder pain.

Having my surgery was the best option for me but I am suffering from constant hunger pains! I'm now dreading that I will put some weight back on if I carry on eating the wrong foods. Since surgery I've been eating anything I've wanted in moderation (naughty me..)

So today I set myself a challenge to have a great day on plan and stay under 15syns! I'm determined to get back to how I was before my operation and hopefully have a speedy recovery.

Food Plan (08.06.16)

B - Weight Watchers Cherry Yogurt (free), Chia Seeds (1.5syns), strawberries, melon. Wholemeal toast (1st hexb), Choc Shot (1.5syns)

L - Slimming World Spicy Lentil Soup, wholemeal bread (2nd hexb), chicken slices, cucumber, please pudding

S - Grapes, pineapple lolly, Graze Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake Slice (4syns)

T - Gammon, Frozen Jacket Potato (1syn), beetroot, beans, tomato, cucumber, cottage cheese

I'm hoping to walk to my local shop later just to get some fresh air and hopefully feel normal again. Might get myself some reduced fruit to look forward to later for a little dessert.

Have you had your gallbladder out? What was your experience?

Hayley xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment